Saturday, December 24, 2011

Age well

There is a lot of grace to be learned from older women. The particular way they spoon sugar into their morning cup, the gentle grip of their palms on the railing as they take their time to descend the stair, the perfect, bold jewelry that takes them from breakfast through bedtime. It's been a treat to have my Grandma in town, to find her throughout the house reading Verne and mystery novels, to shadow her as she sets the table for lunch, collar firmly pressed, knives facing in. Her annual visits always inspire better posture and made-beds, this year is no different. I still muss her hair because I love to see her giggle and push away from me, but the last year has made a fine woman even more delicate, pearl studs and all.

1 comment:

  1. everything you create is a pleasure for me to enjoy. The sweet taste your words leave on my tongue feels so good.
    sister, you are love

    ReplyDelete